Educator Convening – Virtual Facilitation
8/5, 5PM – Recap
- How’s it going?
- Lightning talks
- Breakouts facilitated by our presenters
- Shout-outs and announcements
To Recap the Session
- Recording of the main session – Password: 02F1&HXQ
- Etherpad (you may have to do some scrolling)
- Slides from today’s session, including everyone’s presentations
Let’s Create a List of Virtual Ice Breakers!
Have any awesome ice breakers to share with other facilitators? Note them here , and we will send out to the network!
Building relationships and facilitating workshops virtually
Hillary Kolos, DreamYard & Laura Scheiber, EVC
Working with court-involved youth and other vulnerable populations
Brian Lewis & Ife Adeniyi, Exalt Youth
Orientation, Onboarding, communicating expectations virtually
Michelle Bascome & James Ryan, United Activities Unlimited
Best practices for Zoom
Ofelia Mangen, Hive NYC
Working with multilingual youth
Sara Vogel, Hive NYC
- CUNY-NYS Initiative on Emergent Bilinguals
- An activity book for social emotional learning with adolescents in Spanish.
- Colorín Colorado
- Slam poetry about language / bilingualism from Mayda del Valle